Monday, May 14, 2012

Out and About: momofuku milk bar @ Madison Square Eats


by Miranda Xsavier, almostFitToEat east coast correspondent

I'm working today and for my lunch break and I took advantage of the warm weather and went to Madison Square Park for Madison Square Eats.  It's their MONTH LONG food fest which is like the Bite of Seattle.

Right now in NYC the weather is perfect - a warm 80% (but we won't talk about the humidity) but I do miss the milder Seattle weather.  At the food fest I visited momofuku milk bar.
image from milkbarstore.com

momofuku milk bar is a NYC bakery and more.  There really isn't anything in Seattle that I can compare it to.  I got a slice of Crack Pie and heard good reviews. It's a pretty small slice for 5 bucks. The crust is an oatmeal cookie crust. The filling is chewy and reminds me of my moms filling for the braso de mercedes dessert. It's very sweet. It's ok. Would I get it again? Maybe if it were fresh from the oven (this was from an ice box) since it was at a food fest.

photo by miranda xsavier
e. coast correspondent, www.almostFitToEat.com

I also got their Compost Cookie. Which was ok too. Chewy and has butterscotch chips. It's alright.
photo by miranda xsavier
e. coast correspondent, www.almostFitToEat.com


I think their best item is their cereal milk which is a soft served ice cream that resembles the flavor of cereal nectar - the flavored milk that tastes oh so good.  Here it has cereal on the outside like a mix of Cap'n Crunch and I think salted Frosted Flakes. Though it's small it's definitely satisfying.

photo by miranda xsavier
e. coast correspondent, www.almostFitToEat.com


On your next trip to NYC, visit momofuku milk bar.

Momofuku Milk Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment