Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dining Out: Lynn's Bistro

Dining Out:  Lynn's Bistro, Kirkland WA



l-r (top) Chocolate Mousse Cake, Rib Eye w/ Brandy Peppercorn Sauce, Wild Salmon w/ Soy Citrus Sauce
l-r (bottom) Goat Cheese Salad, French Onion Soup
Descriptions of each dish can be found on the restaurants website

A Snapshot:  Wow!  The menu is like having Seattle Restaurant Week (or Dine Around Seattle) all year long.  With a prix fixe (pronounced prefix) menu this restaurant offers a great value any day of the year.  A small, intimate and humble space that has transformed into a french bistro.  Limited seating and small staff (I counted four on a Friday evening) make for a cozy dining experience.  By the way, parking sucks but there are cheap lots around the area as well as free street parking.  Reservations are a must unless you want to wait.

The Meal:  A delicious meal worthy of the budget friendly three course offerings.  The salad had a bitter dressing, but when paired with the goat cheese was delicious.  I found my salmon and potato (galette looking) a bit overcooked but well seasoned.  The chocolate mousse cake had a delicious raspberry coulis which topped off a wonderful meal.

Comments From My Dining Companions:  I did not have the french onion soup but Tokuro and Mike said it was good in flavor, well seasoned by over the top with bread and cheese.  It was more of a meal than a soup starter.

The Verdict:  Would I return - sure (said with light enthusiasm).  This restaurant probably wouldn't be my first choice if I'm in Kirkland.  Now, I hear they have a wonderful weekend brunch...stay tuned.

Lynn's Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment