Friday, July 6, 2012

Out and About: Fainting Goat, Wallingford



 

I'm not big on frozen treats, so I can't tell you if this is the best gelato in the world - however, I can tell you that the gelato at Fainting Goat is delicious.

Gelato in general has a lower butterfat content than traditional ice cream products.  It's made in the same way as ice cream, but has a softer texture than it's American counterpart.

Fainting Goat is located in Wallingford right on the main strip.  It's small with about 5 tables for sit down eating.  Flavors are typical of a gelaterie (a place where gelato is made).  There's the always present vanilla bean, chocoalte, but other options like mango, pistachio, coffee and banana.  You'll also find cakes and espresso drinks at this small mom and pop establishment.

Behind the counter you'll find a husband and wife team happily scooping their frozen creations for you.  They're open late - perfect for an evening treat.  Samples are free for the asking.

Support local businesses.  Visit Fainting Goat.








Fainting Goat Gelato on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a place I need to go to on the end of a warm summer day... I feel like I might have hit the "Gel-lattory" with the Fainting Goat! Thanks for the review M- I like frozen treats enough for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete