Monday, July 30, 2012

Dining Out: ABC Kitchen, New York NY




I’ve had a Jean-Georges cookbook for years – and I never knew who this man was until fellow foodies Manh and Naomi invited Miranda and I to ABC Kitchen in New York.

The location is hidden behind some tired and distressed white doors.  I think that is on purpose because everything about ABC Kitchen is all about organic, locally sourced, reclaimed materials and everything else “Portlandia” when possible.
The bar is long and hip, loaded with many who couldn’t get a table or waiting for their table.

The dining area reminds me of a clear summer night and looking up into the stars as strands of lights illuminated above.  The exposed ceiling doesn’t hide the rustic wooden beams and partially rusted piping.  Tastefully dotted with spot lights one can’t help but think of starlight.  It’s pretty romantic, but it is cut short by the hustle of the wait staff and the noise of other diners.

I’ve had items on the lunch and dinner menu and each time did not disappoint.  Whatever you order, know that everything is fresh.  I'm mean really fresh.  My ginger ale was made with fresh ginger.  Juices are fresh squeezed and change depending on availability.  New York City’s interpretation of the farm-to-table dining concept, in my opinion, is defined by ABC Kitchen.
Service was acceptable, but I’ve experienced better.  Forgetting my drink order, a little delay with side dishes and a long wait for the check leaves service to be desired, however easily made up in the quality of food.


ABC Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment