Thursday, April 26, 2012

Out And About: Cafe Cesura, Bellevue WA





Yes, Cafe Cesura serves coffee (Stumptown) but I like to head to this cafe for lunch or a quick bite to eat.  It's in downtown Bellevue and parking sucks (street parking and a limited number of stalls in the garage) but if I can park, I will eat.  Service is great, very helpful folks behind the counter.  Lots of seating (tables and chairs), especially with the big communal table.  They were recently featured in Seattle Met magazine.

They offer a soup of the day (aka Market Inspired Soup) which I have found to be delicious in flavor and freshness.  They also top them with things like roasted nuts and infused oils.

Pair the soup with the Mt Townsend Creamery New Moon Grilled Cheese Sandwich.  It lends for interesting flavors with the caramelized onions.

I've also had their Smoked Salmon w/ Picked Onion and Caper Aioli on Baguette - great flavors, but I was a bit put off by the baguette.  I (as well as my son who ate the other half) found it to have a pretty tough crust.

Finally!  A place in Bellevue that serves delicious coffee and delicious food to go with.  That's a rare find on the eastside.

Cafe Cesura on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment