Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In The Kitchen - Spinach and Ricotta Gnudi




Another Food Network recipe by one of my favorite chefs, Scott Conant.  I was lucky to dine at Scarpetta in New York City and I must tell you the Spaghetti was one of the best things I ever ate (LOL).

OK, back to the Spinach and Ricotta Gnudi.  Gnudi, (pronounced noo-dee) is the inside of the ravioli.  No pasta - good for the low carb-ers.  They are sitting on a porcini puree.  I made this in my kitchen and let me tell you, it was fantastic.  Nothing was really difficult - easily sourced ingredients and fairly easy to make.

The biggest compliment, when my husband sought out some bread - and finished his meal with the scarpetta.

A couple of notes:  I ran out of shallots so I substituted onion.  I used too small of a pot to boil the gnudi, so the liquid was very white.  This produced a very white liquid when reheating with the butter and didn't look like the plate on the show (a food stylist would not approve).  I did not strain the mushroom puree (as shown on the show) and just let my Vitamix do the work.  I finished with truffle oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment