Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Out and About: The Box (Food Truck)




I'm not a fan of the food truck concept.  Yes, I get it.  As a business owner myself I totally understand the concept - but it doesn't mean I have to like it.  The food truck dining experience is something I do not appreciate.  I hate standing around to order my food, to wait for my food and to eat my food.  I'm definately a restaurant girl.  However, I make an exception for The Box.

For starters, Owner & Executive Chef Reis Llaneza along with his peeps in the truck are very friendly.  In addition to great food, you will also receive great service.

The Box offers Asian fusion cuisine.  A quick glance at the menu and you'll find Chinese, Korean and Japanese inspired dishes to combine with Chef Reis' Asian background.

I mainly visit The Box on Thursday's at the Bellevue Farmer's Market.  Although I've had everything on the menu at least once, I find myself regularly ordering the Chicken Karaage Plate (my husband's favorite) and the Mini Bagel Burger (my son's favorite).  I personally enjoy the Chop Chop Salad which is included with the Chicken or can be ordered a la carte.

No matter what you order, I would bet that you would be pleased.  Food is cooked to order.  Ingredients are fresh, especially the veggies that are part of or garnish your food.  Flavors and textures "almost" make you forget your food was cooked on a truck.  Overall, The Box really does deliver (excuse the intended pun) on really good eats.

The Box roams around the Eastside, but sometimes ventures around the Puget Sound.  Mainly serving up the lunch crowd you may find them at your local street fair or events around town.  Check their Facebook page for details on their upcoming locations.

The Box offers catering services and can customize a menu based on your event and your budget.


Their menu as posted on their Facebook page (subject to change at any time):
~Pork Belly Hum Bao $2.50
Slow braised in soy and mirin topped with a fresh slaw, served on a
Chinese steamed bun

~Kalua Pork Hum Bao $2.50
Hawaiian style roasted pork with a lomi lomi tomato relish, served on a
Chinese steamed bun

~Mini Bagel Burger $3
Charred mini burgers topped with an Asian slaw, and pickle, finished
with a hoisin and siracha ketchup, served in a toasted mini bagel

~Pomme Frites (french fries) $3
Served with a yuzu aioli

~Chop Chop Salad $3 (half) / $7 (full)
Romaine and Iceberg lettuce, ham, apples, and provolone cheese, served
with a creamy sesame dressing

~Chicken Karaage Plate $8
Tender pieces of fried chicken served with a house sauce, steamed
rice, and side of Chop Chop Salad

~Kalbi Yakiniku Plate $9
Korean marinated beef skewers with namasu (Japanese style cucumber),
served over steamed rice with a side of Chop Chop Salad



Box on Wheels (Lunch Truck) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment