Friday, August 3, 2012

Dining Out: Trellis Restaurant, Kirkland WA


image from Trellis
Note: The Heathman Hotel, including Trellis restaurant has been closed for the past few months due to damage to the property.  This blog entry is based on several dining experiences prior to their closure.  Their anticipated opening is Friday, August 3, 2012.


I'm not a fan of restaurants in hotels.  Low quality and cheap come to mind.  However, at Trellis Restaurant in the Heathman Hotel, it is neither.

Although I've dined breakfast, lunch and dinner at Trellis I like to go there for lunch.  I've been to Trellis on many occasions and I've always received consistent food quality and presentation.  My preference is to sit outside in their covered patio area - which is awesome any time of the year.  However they have a nice dining area that is well lit and a cozy bar area for the casual sip and snack.


Parking is free with validation, but you almost feel obligated to tip the nice person that retrieves your car.  There is street parking in Kirkland, and it's free!


If I were to describe their food in one word, it would be "fresh".  Probably due to the farm to table dining philosophy, locally sourced ingredients and offerings from Chef Brian Scheehser's personal farm in Woodinville.


What's good:
Corned Beef Hash - This is my husband's go to dish when we're there for brunch.  With its big pieces of potatoes and fresh corned beef, it's fantastic.
Housemade Granola - This is delicious if you're looking for something light to eat.
Salmon Nicoise - My favorite lunch dish - and favorite Nicoise salad in the area.  I love the presentation.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich - Oh, so buttery and very rich and delicious.  The nice crust makes this sandwich your perfect comfort food.
Grilled Tomato Soup - Ok this may sound weird, but I like this soup paired with the grilled cheese sandwich and not on it's own.  I found it a little under-seasoned for my taste, and on it's own wasn't a delicious as with the salty, cheesy sandwich.
Field Green Salad - A delicious, fresh salad with nothing but field greens.  Simplicity at it's best.
Trip Tip Sirloin - My husband thoroughly enjoyed this dish.  Meet cooked perfectly and well seasoned.
Ice Cream Sandwich - Currently not on the menu.  I had this house made dessert last summer and it was over the top good.  It's a substantial dessert, perfect for sharing.  Don't be intimated by the steak knife that accompanies this fabulous dessert.
Ice Cream Puffs - Probably their signature dessert and well done.  A nice twist turning the ordinary into something delicious.


Trellis on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment